sent from a phone

> On 10 Oct 2022, at 00:15, stevea <stevea...@softworkers.com> wrote:
>
> If this water is potable, it's amenity=drinking_water.

yes, it is potable, and if you look closely you’ll notice that the tube has an
upper hole, so when you tap the flow it will create a vertical spout in the
curve, so somehow it does have an upward flow.

There is no tap, continuous flow, which is best from a hygienic and temperature
aspect but wasting some water of course.

I have looked at the drinking fountain article in en.wikipedia and from 14
examples, only 4 have an upward flow, so I would not expect this to be a
universal requirement, although I can imagine in some areas all drinking
fountains might work like this. In Rome they are very rare, have seen only
those in the sapienza university, while the hundreds of others in the city
almost always provide the hole so you can redirect the flow (but it is not
generally the case in other places nearby)

> Is it a fountain? Long sigh...I suppose so, but "fountain" wouldn't be the
> first word I think of for this.  I wouldn't call it a "drinking fountain,"
> though (downward flow), though you can fill a water bottle and you could wash
> your hands.

I’ve mapped it with fountain=block, for me it is a modern fountain, with a
reference to the historic type (type of tube) but mimicking the normal stone
blocks around. By shape it is less fountain than the Bolsena example, and the
absence of a water tap doesn’t offer this kind of “side tracking”, so I thought
it could be interesting mentioning it.

Cheers Martin