On 11/10/2022 14:54, Anne-Karoline Distel wrote:

Obviously, I support this. It has its own preset scheme in the iD editor, its own icons etc.

The following are missing (of the top of my head, because I proposed them) from the list and were approved already:

creamery <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:historic%3Dcreamery>

ogham stone <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:historic%3Dogham_stone>

Anne

I suspect that most editors' preset schemes aren't driven entirely by what tags are "approved" and what aren't.  iD has historically used previous usage, so for example values suggested for the key "building" match https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/building#values .  JOSM uses a different list of curated values, but defaults to what the current mapper has used most recently.

For a new "historic" node, JOSM out of the box doesn't offer "creamery" or "ogham_stone", and it wouldn't really make sense for it to do so, since there are relatively few of either (even unmapped) around the world compared to the other historical suggestions already on JOSM's list.

Best Regards,

Andy