I agree with Mateusz.

* landuse=retail,residential,industrial, etc. are not bound to the North American concept of zoning.

* landuse=retail does correctly not encompass the veterinarian, because a vet mostly sells services, not goods. It is thus correct that the vet is in a landuse=commercial area.

I'm not making a statement on whether Lyft's edit are accurate or useful in general.

On the matter of usefulness:

If usefulness would need to be proven for any edit, then 99% of my edits would lack legitimacy.

- I think it is totally fine to map for esthetic reasons, as long as the editing is correct and adheres to OSM guidelines.

- Also, in many cases, the future use of a data set cannot be foreseen in the present. Many things that are extremely useful today appeared completely useless at the time they were created/invented/studied/discovered.