On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 2:17 PM Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Oct 11, 2022, 20:34 by m...@evancarroll.com:
>
> these polygons don't add any value: they're not describing  what things
> are, and they're frequently incorrect
>
> You mentioned https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/1101484647
>
> Why it is supposed to be wrong? Are there additional objects not mapped in
> OSM there?
> Because what I see seems self-consistent.

 No value. There is no reason to call neighboring w1101484649 "Commercial
Zone". Why is a car wash and a vet commercial, and the gas station is
retail? And why is the polygon under it a different "Commercial Zone" it's
more retail then any of them.

But I mean the question isn't about the wrongness or rightness of any of
these, they can all be human mistakes. Humans make mistakes and can always
do something better.. I just don't see the value even if everything was
done right. If this continues, every major road in every major city will be
covered with a Commercial Zone or a Retail Zone. *If there is no name, what
is the value?*

--
In the event this email pertains to Real Estate, Texas law
<https://texreg.sos.state.tx.us/public/readtac$ext.TacPage?sl=R&app=9&p_dir=&p_rloc=&p_tloc=&p_ploc=&pg=1&p_tac=&ti=22&pt=23&ch=531&rl=20>

--
Evan Carroll - m...@evancarroll.com
System Lord of the Internets