Oct 11, 2022, 21:42 by m...@evancarroll.com:

> I just don't see the value even if everything was done right.

That is simply utterly irrelevant. Even if you do not see value of mapping
area:highway=* or shops or detail of individual trees or opening hours
or bicycle parkings or landuse or glaciers or anything else, then it is still
not
a valid reason to ask others to justify themself.

Also "but it is useful for XYZ" is not an automatic defence and is not
guaranteeing that data will be kept.

> If this continues, every major road in every major city will be covered with
> a Commercial Zone or a Retail Zone.

or industrial or residential

though some advocated mapping landuse=highway or not mapping landuse
in road corridor of major roads

> If there is no name, what is the value?

1) value recognized by you is not necessary
2) may be useful for example for map rendering at city scale
And numerous data consumers use this data.