On 11.10.22 21:51 Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
Oct 11, 2022, 21:42 by m...@evancarroll.com:

    I just don't see the value even if everything was done right.

That is simply utterly irrelevant.

I disagree. People may not always agree about the relative usefulness of some types of data, but someone advocating for some data to be added to OSM should really be able to explain why they find it useful.

That's all I plan to say on this side remark because it's not really applicable to the main discussion: There are uses for polygons tagged as landuse=retail/commercial/..., after all, even though I consider their usefulness quite low now that mapping of individual buildings is common. They were more useful when these tags where originally invented. I also feel that these tags are not truly verifiable because the "predominant usage" definition allows considerable flexibility in drawing them.

Anyway, nameless landuse polygons have been around for over a decade. So while I'm sympathetic with mappers who aren't enthuiastic about their addition in an area where they were previously not mapped, it's hard to fault Lyft for following established tagging practices.