Also, from a practical point of view, data points about cell service are
not going to have any relationship to other items in the osm database.
And, they are likely going to be semi-automatically collected, and
people probably want contour lines that are generated from points, not
the points.  There will be conflicting data, and need some averaging.
The OSM data model of a single value at a location just doesn't fit how
one would deal with this data.

Once there is a database with upload and extraction for this data -- and
it seems like there is -- it does almost no good to to anyone to merge
it into OSM, and certainly not enough good to overcome the trouble it
causes.

I note that OSM does not have elevation contour lines.   I am not
advocating adding them, but that information is far easier to deal with,
more clearly defined/measurable, and more useful to many, than cell
service data.

Thus, I see ading cell service information to OSM as basically out of
the question.