On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, David Geary wrote:

> Good question. One thing to consider is that you can use some of those
> tags in read-only mode, and not break the MVC paradigm.

In fact (just to expand on this), out of the tags Jayson listed,
<sql:update> is the only one that typically will have a permanent effect
on "model" data.  The <c:import> tag supports only HTTP GET, not HTTP
POST; by the HTTP standard, HTTP GET is meant not to have side effects.
Similarly, the XML tags do not generally manipulate data; they usually
retrieve (and typically display) it.  We didn't include tags for DOM
modification, for instance.

--
Shawn Bayern
(coming in July 2002 from Manning Publications)