I wouldn't call myself new exactly, but since most roads were down since
the time I joined somethings are hazy.

I have recently added and changed some details related to intersections
(mostly adding slip roads and traffic lights).

What I'm mostly interested about are slip (turn left anytime with care)
roads. I have made the decision for slip roads to inherit both the name
and the road type (with the addition of making it a linking road) from
its destination.

You can see examples here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/-27.82146/153.02973

And here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/-27.50755/152.94778

I don't think direction routing is a good source to go off. But when I
do it my way OSRM will say "Turn left onto the sliproad towards *Mount
Lindesay Highway" *I feel that this is correct.
**