As part of this discussion I would like to know how to handle illegal motor
bike tracks through the bush.

I have found that these can often be mapped as a track, as these can be seen
clearly on a satellite photo.

They are definitely on the ground and often used every weekend, although there
are many signs saying it is illegal.

Note that it is only illegal for motorised vehicles, walking or horses is OK.

These ‘tracks’ are not wide enough for a 4wd although an enthusiastic armchair
mapper has mapped them as such, and I have been often caught out.

(I am very biased against armchair mapping for the bush. As an avid 4wd and
bush lover, it is much better that the track is not marked than find a track
that is  marked but shouldn’t be. Fuel and time both need to be managed when
you are a long way from a town.)

I don’t like deleting these tracks but they are not ‘management’ , it is
illegal to use them, and they are not wide enough for a standard car.

Question – how to map a track that is only wide enough for a motor bike. There
is a track width tag but it doesn’t seem appropriate.

The rest of the discussion will hopefully answer how to map an illegal track.

Thanks

Ian