Hi All,

ivom schreef:
>> Concerning liability, the question of the usefullness of being a vzw
>> depends a bit on how much you look at "worse case senarios".
>> Say that you organises a mapping-event and somebody on a scooter has a
>> traffic-accident causing physical damage or even worse to somebody else.
>>
> an inssurance policy is something to sort out. i will have a look about
> the options for the small starting vzw. I think the "worst-case scenario"
> is accidents during mapping parties organised by the vzw. thanks for
> pointing this out.

I had a talk with somebody who worked in the assurance-world concerning
this; and -as he explained it- the answer is actually pretty simple:
"ask your assurence-company".

Normally, something like this is either covered by your "BA" (the
"familiale") or -in case of a car or scooter- the particular assurance
of the car / scooter / motto / ...

So what you do is write your assurance-company (not your agent, the
company itself!!!) explaining the situation "I have this kind of
assurance-policy. I have a hobby called "openstreetmap" and I want to
take part if this kind of event where ... (etc. etc.) Is this covered by
my assurnce-contract?".

And then wait for the reply of them assurance-company.

If they say "say", and concider if there are any problems afterwards
when something happens; that you have an official letter of your
assurance-company indicating they acknowledges this is an event that is
covered your assurence-contract.

Also, what the "openstreetmap Belgium vzw" can do is to provide a
"standard-letter" for people who want to take part in a mapping-event
which they can sent to their assurance company!

Just my (actually this guy's :-) ) 2 eurocent of thoughts.

Cheerio! Kr. Bonne.

--
jabber/gtalk: krist...@krbonne.net