The page on maxspeed is this one:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxspeed

The page you gave is a page that explains the possibilities to tag the
source of the maxspeed (a sign, or a missing sign). In general, sources are
only useful to help other mappers or yourself. So if you have the correct
maxspeed tag on the roads, there's not really a need to tag the source.

Regards,
Sander