>On 12/27/2012 23:22 PM, Glenn Plas wrote:
>On 12/27/2012 10:28 PM, Ben Laenen wrote:
>> I also wanted to point at Tienen, but I see it has been recently changed by
>> someone:http://osm.org/go/0EqQDB8
>> There's the N29 coming in from the north, and the N3/N29 should stay primary
>> because there's no ringway on the north. Now someone changed it to secondary
>> which is incorrect IMO.
>
>It look to me someone hopes that this information ends up in GPS devices
>so they router prefers the primary road :) .  I don't know the place
>there but it looks kind of strange to me that the N3/N29 isn't
>primary.  But zooming out and taking a peek at Leuven which I know
>better I see the ring there is marked primary.   So looking that those
>without any knowledge on Tienen,  I would conclude that the Tienen
>N3/ring part is a lot different from the Leuven one, so it would support
>the secondary classification.
>
>Thanks for the examples.
>
>Glenn

I recently changed the ring of Tienen (N3) to a secondary road because the
Sint-Truidensesteenweg
(also N3) between the ring and the roundabout with the R27 already was a
secondary road.
The consequence of this changement is that there is no primary road connected
anymore with the
N29 Diestsesteenweg which is classified as a primary road (the only one left on
the ring).
For me it also doesn't make sense to keep the N29 primary if the N223 is
secondary.
They both connect the relative small cities Aarschot, Diest and the motorway
E314 to another
relative small city Tienen and the motorway E40.

Nowdays the ring of Tienen is quite simular with the one of Leuven (southern
part). Only the speed limit
in Tienen is set on 70 km/h in stead of 50 km/h in Leuven. There are also plans
to reduce the small ring
of Tienen (N3) from a road with 2 lanes on each side to 1 lane on each side
(already degrated to a
secondary road type 3 in the structure plan of Vlaams-Brabant).
An extension of the R27 to the N29 and the N223 won't be realised soon so there
is no alternative
for the N3 and no reason to degradate it. So even if the primary road changes
to a secondary one,
the gps will still folow the same route.

I can understand the current classification but i prefere to use the
classification of the government.
Should i undo my changement and make the ring primary again? In that case it
makes sense for
me to upgrade the N223 to a primary road allthough it isn't in rule with the
wiki.
In the other case i suggest to downgrade the N29 to a secondary road.

Kevin