Now that we're on the subject of road classification, The northern part of
the ring of Leuven has separate lanes for both directions, no traffic
lights, on and off ramps like a motorway and the maximum speed is 90 km/h
(a rare occurence these days in Flanders).
The southern part has crossings with traffic lights and a speed limit of 50
km/h, complete with a truckload of traffic cams to enforce it.

At some point I had tagged the northern part as trunk, since it's  far more
interesting to go that way from east to west or west to east, so why
wouldn't we visualise that on a rendered map? Somebody retagged the whole
ring road as primary afterwards and I left it as such, since I didn't feel
like starting an edit war. It still feels like a missed chance to be the
better map though.

Jo