I completely agree with you, Jo.

Having an easy way to contribute addresses is absolutely necessary. The
walking and cycle nodes can follow complicated relation schemas, because
there are only a few thousand of them, the OSM core users can all map them.
But addresses can't, because everyone needs to help with it.

So being supported by simple tools is a must.

Next to that, I have no problem with redundancy, because it allows to do
certain checks. If names, that should be the same, differ, than there's
clearly something wrong, and someone has to check it locally.

Also, there are two queries that happen most: going from an address as
string to a house object, and going from a house object to an address as
string (known as geocoding and reverse geocoding). Both queries don't need
the binding between a street and house object. Having a streetname tag is
enough to execute them, even if there's no street drawn at all.

Only queries like "give all the houses of street 'Veldstraat'" are better
with that binding. But how often do these queries happen?

So I'm all in favour of adding an addr:street tag to every house, and those
who want it can add an associatedstreet relation with the other tags.

Regards,
Sander