Hey Ben,

I see the why and how, but I admit I don't see how to fix this yet and I have trouble explaining. It's using the general tag from http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/22949350

So it's ignoring name:left , name:right. So that implementation is not picked up for sure. I think the problem is that pierstraat - piertraat isn't used as a source for the name, it's the closest way. Makes no sense to use the other one. But that's where the relations have their influence, so I bet it's located in the relation.

Somehow I think that this node has everything to do with it : http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/247269245

Don't have all the answers yet, but I will check this out deeper later today. I've got more issues with associatedStreet relations with nominatim for a while now. Everyday they hack up the nominatim code and it can all change in the next version, but I don't think anyone can explain to us now how it really works without having to go through all the logic it uses in delivering a address line for each possible country

Glenn