I'm reading
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Development_overview again,
especially the section on "Building indexing"

Buildings, houses and other lower than street level features (i.e., bus
stops, phone boxes, etc.) are indexed by relating them to their most
appropriate nearby street.
The street is calculated as:
1. The street member of an associatedStreet relation
2. If the node is part of a way:
2.1 If this way is street level, than that street
2.2 The street member of an associatedStreet relation that this way is in
2.3 A street way with 50/100 meters and parallel with the way we are in
3. A nearby street with the name given in addr:street of the feature we are
in or the feature we are part of
4. The nearest street (up to 3 miles)
5. Not linked

It seems that it takes one of the streets from the associatedStreet
relation to work with. The segment should be long enough (longer than
50-100 m ?). It then works with this street. It simply ignores the tags on
the associatedStreet. This would make the relation useless to solve any
issue regarding name and postcode for streets that are the border between 2
villages.

The 2 names in the standard tag are "required", otherwise many QA-tools
will complain name:left/right is not recognized, or are they ? (yeah I know
do not tag for ... :-) )
You can't use a semi-colon in the name (to indicate multiple names)
otherwise another bunch of QA-tools complain that there are 2 names on a
"highway".

BTW, the postcode is also wrong in my example. It should be 2840.

It has time, Glenn, it's wrong for several weeks now, so a day more or less
does not matter.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM, Ben Abelshausen <ben.abelshau...@gmail.com