Processing addresses in my opinion has to be smart enough to handle all
this. When I process OSM-data for mobile devices everything is removed that
is not useful and I would hope other software is also smart enough to keep
only the data it needs. I don't know of any mobile app that consumes
OSM-data in it's raw form, except maybe some of the mobile editors.

Mostly the arguments in favor of the associatedStreet relation are related
to technology, the arguments against are the fact that OSM is more than a
collection of hackers trying to build a map. These technology arguments are
things that can be solved either way and I think we have enough people that
can do this kind of stuff.

The thing we really need are more mappers and I don't think OSM should
become the kind of project where you would have to be an 'expert' to add a
simple address to the database.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Ben Abelshausen