The areas I'm working with are very large (for the bus routes). Now the
autosaves take 15-20 seconds (on SSD). That will change when all the
adresses will have been added. But maybe it will change anyway. AS
relations or not. I'll find a solution, no problem.

The problem is rather that when all the addresses in say Europe will have
been added and we're not careful with diskspace, it will have become
impossible for people like you and me to work with all that data as a whole.

But, as I said, I was going to rest my case.

Jo