On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 07:08:20PM +0100, Marc Gemis wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Glenn Plas <gl...@byte-consult.be> wrote:
>
> > @Ben : The legal definition (see website url) of 'Jaagpad' starts with:
> > "Het jaagpad is een private dienstweg of exploitatieweg" .  That means
> > it's not a public highway.
> >

> This is the reason that I would use "access=private". According to the wiki
> page on access this means "Only with permission of the owner on an
> individual basis".  Which is IMHO exactly the same as "permit".
>
> access=private
> foot=yes
> bicycle=yes
> moped_a=yes
> horse=???
>
> is simple and does IMHO what it should do: navigations software for "cars"
> will not route you along the path.
> Everybody that really needs to be there will have to ignore the car
> navigation to get at their destination.
>
> I think that are some jaagpaden where the access=destination (or even yes).

Every few months I find that someone changes is back to cycleway,
but it's always someone else as far as I know.   I've been fixing
this for years.  It's really annoying.

Those roads are private property, where they give permissions to
use them.  So I think access=private makes the most sense.
access=designated does not apply to any that I saw, but those
would be with one of the blue signs.  So I think this makes
perfect sense:
access=private
foot=yes
bicycle=yes

There somethings are also parts to be able to reach a house, and
you might need to change it to access=destination.

As far as I know they typically use one side as service road and
that side is ussually paved.  Around here it's ussually with
asphalt.  So it makes most sense to me to use highway=service for
that side.

You can actually argue that both sides are service roads, so that
would work for me too.  But so would things like unclassified and
track and maybe path depending on surface and width.

Kurt