As the other pointed out, the import has to be done /will be done
carefully. Glenn try it in a mostly empty area and of course it goes
much faster. In an area with buildings, we will keep all existing
information. The replace geometry functionality in JOSM + utilsplugin2
is your friend.

The quality of the data after the import will depend on the person
that does the import. I noticed, e.g. that many peoples do not have
nice corners. So I did a "q" on them. Maybe other will "forget" that
step. I also removed several additional nodes. I prefer to go a bit
slower, but deliver a nicer result. Others might import more and clean
up less. We see the same with the import of the addresses so far. Some
just draw a bunch of rectangles for the houses, regardless of the
actual shape.

It all depends on your goals.

Depending on the town, you might notice that the data can be a bit of
of date or sometimes it can be drawn a bit clumsy. It's up to the
importer to be alert and fix it IMHO.

I hope we can organize a meetup or a hangout to explain the tools and
the tips and tricks to some people later on.

regards