FYI, some people will also map amenity=pub, restaurant, etc. as the
area for e.g. the pub + terrace + parking space and put the address on
that area (was also discussed on the GB--mailing list in order to seek
a common way of mapping amenities.)
Others might map this as landuse=retail.

Furthermore there have been discussions in the past to have some kind
of landuse dedicated for schools, again with the purpose to have more
similarity with e.g. building=house,landuse=residential.

So, you can see there are all kinds of ideas and methods to tag.

regards