On 28-07-16 21:42, Ruben Maes wrote:
> Hi Glenn
>
> We can do away with the relation and make sure waterway=riverbank
> is placed everywhere. But this has seemed always strange to me: for
> canals as well? A canal is not a river, and the wiki on
> waterway=riverbank says: "This describes the tagging scheme for
> large rivers", linking to the Wikipedia page for river: "A river is
> a natural flowing watercourse ..."

No , not for canals, when I researched this became pretty clear this
was only meant for rivers.  But the Leie is a river so it's ok here.

> waterway=riverbank is less relation-fiddling and I'm starting to
> see the advantages of that as well.

I had to fix the Zenne so many times that I started to see the merits
of this as well.  I actually just discovered why this wasn't rendering
in the first place, there is some overlaying going on.

Check the relation 2393380 here:
http://analyser.openstreetmap.fr/cgi-bin/index.py

The top 2 yellow markers show you where there is a duplicate way and
it's in the relation:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/423643352

That small piece is preventing it from being rendered decently at the
moment.

If you want to take a stab at fixing it , go ahead. If you want me to
review it later on, give me the headsup and I'll take a look.  A bit
short in time due to closing the books on the fiscal year of 2015.  I
hate fines :)

Glenn