From https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/restaurant%3Atype%3Ait it seems that those should be replaced by cuisine=italian etc.

Le 8/08/2017 à 05:48, Marc Gemis a écrit :
ps. look at taginfo:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=restaurant%3Atype
reataurant:type:it is used 629 times. That was another source of
inspiration for me.
But it doesn't fit for amenity=pub. There is 1 pub:type:it though.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 5:45 AM, Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
But unlike a real pub (a "café"  in Dutch and French - or "bruine
kroeg"), you can get a decent meal in a brasserie, or  ice cream,
pancakes around 4pm etc. So the focus is much more on food imho.
So are you suggesting that amenity=pub; food=yes is better ?

the description tag is very general, but could be used. However, I
want something like the school:FR-tag. I believe that such a tag (or
tags) would make it easier for apps to allow the user to search in
their native language. It's my feeling that information gets lost by
translating bistro, taverne, brasserie, etc. to amenity=pub +
food=yes. (or amenity=restaurant).

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 12:38 AM, marc marc <marc_marc_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Thomas Bertels <tbert...@gmail.com> wrote:
  > A brasserie is "a small, informal restaurant that serves beer
  > and wine as well as simple food"
  > So should it be tagged as
  > - amenity=restaurant cuisine=brasserie (emphasis on food)?
  > - amenity=pub food=yes (emphasis on drinks)?
  > - amenity=brasserie?

For me, a "brasserie" in Belgium is not a restaurant (I didn't go to a
restaurant at 06:00pm to drink a beer as you can do with a "brasserie")