Hi,

When working on a data extract for the Gents Milieu Front, I stumbled opun
this situation:
On most of the trunk part of the R4, you cannot cycle.
This is expressed in the following ways:

bicycle=no (example https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/306470852)
bicycle=use_sidepath (example https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/146891504)
no explicit tagging (https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/222886580)

Here's the entire stretch with color coding:
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/SBQ

The first is correct, but doesn't tell you whether there's a decent
alternative
The second is probably correct, and is quite useful for the analysis we
happen to be making
The third option is correct, but is a little uninformative, especially
since you actually ARE allowed to cycle on some parts of this same R4

As today's data consumer, I'd prefer the second option to be universally
applied. II would strongly prefer some consistency though. What do yall
think about this?

--
Joost Schouppe