Hi

Thanks

I'll break it down

   1. Obtain the NRN data files from Geobase as a shapefile (SHP). *Quite
   easy to do, just a simple download*
   2. Generate a shapefile for the NRN data in an area (converted to WGS84),
   and a second shapefile based on existing OSM roads in the area. Ensure that
   both the OSM and NRN data are using the same geographic coordinate system.
   This can be done in a number of ways (See below). *Have no idea how to
   begin doing this*
   3. Import the shapefiles into
RoadMatcher<http://www.jump-project.org/project.php?PID=RM&SID=OVER>and
run the AutoMatch routine using the NRN as the base data set.
   * I can download both programs but can't get them to work together. I
   also don't understand the purpose postgresql, but can and have installed it.
   *
   4. Export the results *Haven't gotten to this point.*
   5. Run the geobase2osm
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase2osm>script against the NRN
GML file for the area passing the RoadMatcher results
   with the -e flag. This will generate a .osm file with the complete NRN road
   network in the area and a second .standalone.osm file that only contains
   roads that RoadMatcher has determined are not already in OSM* It's a
   python script, I can proabably run that easily*
   6. Import the resulitng .standalone.osm file using
bulk_upload.py<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bulk_upload.py>

Thanks, but again, I don't want to inconvenience everyone (I understand
saying this may make it more tempting to help me, so please don't think you
have to)

Sam