Nothing, actually. :)

Just for a volunteer to take each whole province gml file and slice it
in a couple chunks, and make the .osm files available, (on a server
somewhere)
so then newbies like me, can run with it and just copy in the roads
that we need. (doing so in a tileBYtile area, claiming our working
area)
i have the rectangle areas available as .osm files and .shp files (its
included in the canvec-to-osm converted zip file for each area).

.... But we are all volunteers, so there is no rush, and its just a
request i keep bugging the smart PostGIS people about :)

Probably for round 2 (next year) a GUI might be helpful, but the
concept is the same, files on a website directory works just fine. imo

Sam

p.s, any special requests for a tile area to be converted from canvec?
Otherwise, i'll go with 082 area.

--
Twitter: @Acrosscanada