The other information of note is that Sam did not remove his release to PD
until Febuary 2011.[1] My interpretation would be that any changeset
uploaded by him in this time is released into the public domain.

Therefore, it'd be acceptable to re-import any of his changesets as they are
public domain. It's not possible to just undo a PD grant.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=User:Acrosscanadatrails&oldi
d=553498#License_Issue