Hi Stewart, all,

From talking to some Canadian (provincial and local) government agency folks at
a conference recently I got the sense that the open data landscape is pretty
different than here in the US (which is again very different from most places
in Europe where I am from originally).

The aerial route seems tricky from what you’re telling me. Unless we get access
to a more up to date commercial resource. I wonder what opportunities the more
recent versions of Canvec / Canvec+ road layers offer to find and complete
newer roads in OSM. Has there been much effort into looking at that? The OSM
folks here at Telenav where I work have built a conflation engine that may help
integrate newer data into OSM and we could try that out on a smaller area.

Martijn