On 1/21/2017 3:11 PM, Paul Norman wrote:
On 1/20/2017 5:33 PM, john whelan wrote:
Did you include permission for the bus stops as well? They are from the same source and the same licence. I think I might have included one pitch sport soccer. The pitch was mapped but the sport soccer was I must confess taken from their open data source.

I kept it generic, not specifying a particular dataset. That way we'll have a final answer one way or the other and won't have to go back to them all the time.

The initial answer was that the license would impose obligations on top of the ODbL, our distribution license. This would make the data incompatible.

I have gotten back to them with some additional questions which might offer a way forwards and clarify the problems. If I can't get anywhere we'll have to decide what to do, but it will probably mean we can write off the City of Ottawa as a potential data source.