Whilst I think about it Ottawa is an amalgam of smaller municipalities so
is slowly changing street names to avoid duplicates.  I seem to recall an
employee in the street naming bit is adjusting street names in OSM.  So
please do not change a street name to match a photo that might have been
taken some time ago.

In Quebec I understand province wide the standard for names on maps is "Rue
xyz" in Ontario it is left to the municipality whether to capitalise the
first letter or not so you need to know the rules for each municipality.

Have fun

Cheerio John