What do you reckon?

Tim

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Canada_Building_Import

On 2019-03-15 14:01, John Whelan wrote:
Which I think comes back to defining the local mappers.

There has been discussion on Montreal as well and not all Ontario thinks the same way.  Ottawa local mappers for example have different opinions to Pierre and Nate on what is acceptable and I'm under the impression that not everyone in Toronto agrees with Nate's position.

We seem to be blocking out parts of the country such as Montreal is this a reasonable approach?

Can we find someway to loosely define local groups and their areas of responsibility and how to contact them?

For example one small Ontario city has to my knowledge one OpenStreetMap mapper who maps very occasionally.  My understanding is they would be quite happy to see an import happen but many of the buildings have already been mapped although not to the accuracy that the Stats Can data offers. How do you deal with these smaller cities and townships?

Thanks

Cheerio John