Bonne chance

John

Begin Daniel wrote on 2019-03-19 2:14 PM:

I expect Pierre, Tim and others to send me any data they believe would be problematic. If I send them my own test dataset, it may not cover the cases they are interested in. J

Daniel

*From:*john whelan [mailto:jwhelan0...@gmail.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 19, 2019 13:32
*To:* Begin Daniel
*Cc:* talk-ca@openstreetmap.org
*Subject:* Re: [Talk-ca] Building Import

It would make logical sense to preprocess all the data but then you end up with two sources.  The Open Data original and the preprocessed data source.

From a logical point of view it would make sense to use the Microsoft data to fill in the gaps.  So add it into the preprocessed data.

Then you get to reality.  To make it work across Canada you need to get agreement and that I think will be the most difficult part.

Step one I think is ask Pierre nicely to review a sample and see if it meets his "quality" expectations.

Step two would be check with Tim in Montreal for his thoughts.

If they are both in agreement that it is acceptable then we see if we can get some sort of acceptance across the country possibly blacking out certain areas.

If we can we'll need to go back to the import mailing list and say we wish to combine two sources and amend the plan accordingly.

Otherwise it is up to whoever sorts out an import plan / import for a particular area to consider its use.

Cheerio John