I think at this point in time we need to try to get some sort of agreement
on how to proceed.  My first thought would be to ban the youngsters so
anyone under 65 shouldn't be involved.  That way it would slow the process
down unfortunately it isn't really practical.

I think we need time to digest and review what has been done so far.  I
think it would be sensible for a different mapper to go over the imported
areas using the task manager and verify the buildings against Bing or other
imagery to ensure we haven't introduced an imaginary town etc.

I do think we need to break the import up into more manageable chunks.
Whether these need to be at municipal level or not needs thought.  The case
for is that would allow the data from different sources to be carefully
checked over. The case against is there are a lot of municipalities and in
places like Manitoba there are very few mappers on the ground.

Basically from a population point of view Canada is a collection of around
half a dozen cities and these have a local OSM community.  Montreal,
Ottawa, Vancouver, Toronto for example.  Once you take these out then you
have much smaller numbers.  I'm not certain about Calgary and Edmonton
whether they have a local community or not.

Quebec with its own mailing list is self contained and I think will sort
itself out in time.  Montreal is working together to sort something out.

Terraced houses in Ottawa we just have the outline with a tag of terrace.
This was the way they were mapped even before the City of Ottawa import.
Units may have an individual address node.

At the moment I favour breaking the country up into provinces and for each
province depending on the number of buildings I might split it up again.
So Ontario would be something like Ontario rural and Toronto but I'm not
quite sure of where Toronto begins and ends.

Thoughts and bear in mind that Microsoft has released buildings for Canada
as well.  I haven't noticed an import plan but it would be fairly easy for
someone to bring in some buildings so to retain some sort of control a plan
might well be useful.

Thanks John