Hi,

> Generally speaking this list is pretty poor, if is is meant to be
> complete.  If it's not meant to be complete, then oh well. Things
> are misclassified (Derry), outright missing (Bedfordshire,
> Lincolnshire, Leicester, London Borough of Bexley, Hammersmith and
> Fulham, etc etc).
>
> Whoever prepared this doesn't appear to have been familiar with UK
> subdivisions given the names for the units

It is hard to find out who exactly prepared the list. I downloaded a
huge shapefile with administrative subdivisions for many countries
from the GADM project, and they say their EU data comes from UNEP/
GRID. The UNEP/GRID web site (http://www.grid.unep.ch/) has a
download in Arc/Info file format (.e00) but I wasn't able to process
that usefully.

But I fear that if the list is as buggy as you say, then the polygons
that go with it won't be up to scratch either ;-(

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'