On 16 Jul 2009, at 11:17, David Earl wrote:

> Chris Hill wrote:
>> Since this is a Freedom of Information Act request, and they have
>> refused to supply me the requested information I'll ask the Office
>> of the Information Commissioner for a ruling.  Not expecting much,
>> but you never know.

Its strange that they didn't mention the textual description of the
boundaries that have been mention by Bob Barr and also by other people
who should be in a position to know.

> Even if they did or do supply it, doesn't mean you could do anything
> useful with it - copyright still applies to data provided under FoI.

Can I suggest that people add any information they glean about this to
the UK Boundaries page on the wiki. The boundaries page used to have a
list of all the actual boundaries. I have moved the lists to the
England/Wales/Scotland pages where it will be more useful which also
frees the boundary page for the 'meta discussion' about the rules
around boundaries, where they are on the coast and where we can also
list all the enquiries we have made and the responses.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_Kingdom/Boundaries

Regards,

Peter