On 14/07/10 23:44, Ed Avis wrote:

I quite agree, there are plenty of errors in the OS data and even cases where
Locator and Street View disagree.  However that doesn't affect the general rule
that, where OS and OSM disagree, it is more likely than not that OS is
correct and OSM is wrong.  At least based on the London streets I have
resurveyed
or otherwise checked so far.

If OS were infallible there would be no need to mark things for rechecking - we
could simply blast out all the conflicting names from OSM and use OS ones
instead.  This is not the case.

Nobody is arguing that the names shouldn't be rechecked where there is a conflict - they're simply saying that it is daft to remove the current name before the resurvey has been done.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/