On 23/05/15 13:26, Dan S wrote:
>> This thread seems determined to undermine the University of Cambridge map by
>> > wanting to change everything it relies on.
> Well no, clearly no-one's doing this with an intent to destroy the
> university map! I assume everyone here just wants to make sure OSM is
> good.

On the particular point of what goes IN the operator tag ... which is
all that is actually being discussed here ... Therre needs to be good
reason to change data that is already in common use and is actually
cleanly documented. If there is some overriding reason why the content
of this tag needs changing I have yet to see it. In the absence of any
other may of including the objects hierarchy, this seems to be the
sensible way of handing things, and I can see the need for
'Collage-UofX-X' especially where even the collage's campus way be
across several places. Does the University of Oxford have any satellites
in Cambridge? The current documented sytle works and should perhaps be
documented as the general standard?

( And PLEASE trim everything if you must top post ... even on  a mobile
phone these posts have been painful! )

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL