Hey Dan,

Dan S schrieb:
Hi all,

I went to check out a local nature reserve. It's currently in OSM as a
leisure=park. I would like to tag as leisure=nature_reserve, but this
one is indeed also a publicly accessible park, so I don't like the
idea of removing the park tag.
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/188492303
The southern end of it is closed to the public, so at the moment my
inclination is to retag the main polygon as nature_reserve, and to tag
a smaller polygon as park. Any better ideas than that?
this area is listed neither in natura2000.eea.europa.eu nor in protectedplanet.net.
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Dprotected_area#Nature-protected-area>
If
=4 there would be *active* habitat-/species-management (trespassing restrictions) ? =5 there are longtime developed or grown and *large* areas with interaction of people ("scenic values" - Ecology Park?) =7 smaller area, protecting nature-features, like some vegetation ... or for recreation (scenic values?)

It seems to me like protect_class=7
The IUCN-code gave a basic and gives an orientation for OSM, but the protect_class doesn't reflect exact the IUCN-code.

So far its possible to add

boundary=protected_area
+ protect_class=7
+ protection_title=Ecology Park
+ name=Bow Creek Ecology Park

*But* in fact:
on its website the area too looks to a bigger part like a "park", with its typical nature-recreation features.
So on the other hand again leisure=park?

regards,
tshrub

Thanks
Dan