If you’re on an iPhone then “Trails” is very good. Records GPS and one can add
waypoints and then export the lot straight to Open Street Map.

https://trails.io/en/

(I’m not a developer of it, just a fan).

I agree that it would be awesome to have a walkers app that allows on-the-move
edits of OSM data.

On the P2 note - Adobe AIR means one can make Android and iOS apps from
Actionscript, however I don’t know if P2 would be usable on a phone/tablet as a
finger is much less precise than a mouse, although maybe on iPad Pro with the
pencil it could work.

Best,

Adam