On 26/02/2016 07:59, Marc Gemis wrote:
How do you detect that stuff is gone ? I'm thinking of benches,
waste-bins, telephones, etc. All those little things that are not or
hardly visible on aerial imagery ?
Do you constantly look at the screen of your smartphone or GPS to see
whether there is such a "small" thing mapped ?

The maps I use on both the phone and the Garmin try and make the sorts of small things that I'm interested in fairly obvious (on Garmin maps I use the Garmin Office "G" symbol for gates, for example, and the map I use on the phone goes up to z20 overzoomed to z21, so it's easy to see small details there too, and read the text on a small screen).

I still end up marking that (e.g.) "there is a bus stop here" and getting home and finding that it's already mapped, though :)

Cheers,

Andy