On Thu, Feb 09, 2017 at 10:10:07AM +0000, SK53 wrote:
> than anything they reflect that OSM as a project lacks good tags for many
> of these boreo-temperate upland features, and whilst that is true there

I have been changing some "heath" areas of Dartmoor to "moor". But I
notice that the wiki claims that this is deprecated.

Since most of these are large areas which really cover a variety of
vegetation, I can't see that any of the "established" tags are really
appropriate. "Moor" is exactly right.

If forced to use the documentated tags, I would go for
natural = grassland;wetland as the best approximation despite the
fact that not everything is wet nor is grass.

Of course, it only makes sense for coarse-grained approximate mapping,
and more localised accurate tags are the ideal.

Should "moor" or something similar be restored and supported by
renderers?

ael