I'm not really suggesting replacing the tag, I just want to make it easier
to find lowland heath.

For now these 2 pages by Alan Silverside (Uni of West Scotland) provide
lots of good illustrations (names are still botanical though):

   - Heathland 1: http://bioref.lastdragon.org/habitats/Heathlands1.html
   - Heathlands 2: http://bioref.lastdragon.org/habitats/Heathlands2.html

Good examples of Acid Heath (D1.1 in Phase1) from Wales which may be
familiar:

   - South Stack, Holy Island, Anglesey
   - Yr Eifl & Mynydd Rhiw on Llyn
   - Rhinogs around Cwm Bychan (but not S part of range from Y Llethr
   towards Barmouth
   - Hills around World's End (N of Llangollen)
   - Much of Tryfan and the land to the S around Bwlch Tryfan
   - Moel Meirch (NW of Cnicht & S of Nant Gwynant)
   - Mynydd Mawr
   - Black Mountains S of Hay Bluff
   - Gray Hill, Gwent
   - Presellis
   - Radnor Forest and hills to S (SW of Gladestry)

Of these areas Mynydd Rhiw and the S Rhinogs offer good examples of this
heath in a mosaic with grassland.

Basic Dry Heath (D.1.2) is very rare in Wales.

Damp Heath (D.2):

   - E side of the Rhinogs S of Coed y Brenin forestry
   - On the Migneint S of Ysbyty Ifan
   - A small patch SW of Sennybridge (Fforest Fawr), much of the rest a
   mosaic with grassland
   - Several patches on the S side of the Carneddau overlooking the A5

Lichen Heath (D.3)

   - Summits of the Glyderau

Montane Heath (D.4)

None in the Welsh dataset

Mosaics (D.5 & D.6), see above where some have been noted under the
core-heathland type.

Now I need to find more useful pics of these sites.

Jerry