Paul thank you for suggesting this, it's certainly something as a UK
community (and I guess more widely)we need to deal with. Unfortunately
website data can be problematic, as others have already indicated, for us
to use, but instead we should ask the organisations concerned to provide
the data in a compatible format. Now that we have a formal body
incorporated as the UK Local Chapter that should be a good vehicle for
making the requests. Do you have an suggestions for a priority list? Does
anyone else have any priorities?

For those who decry the approach of using third party data, preferring
instead the personally surveyed approach, I echo Ilya's and Warin's
sentiments: Lloyds TSB demerged in 2013 and we still have 200 instances of
Lloyds TSB, TA Centres became Army Reserve Centres at about the same time
and we  still have about 40 instances of TA Centre, Shell purchased Total
filling stations in 2012, and during the recent validation exercise on
Shell data, name=Total was the commonest error. What about the the
wholesale closure and transfer  of Post Offices or the planned closure of
thousands of BT phone boxes?  We don't have the number of motivated mappers
to do this,  and expecting evrything to be ground surveyed might be a
reason why we have such a high attrition rate; so we should emulate the
rest of society and use automated IT methods to assist us and make our
lives easier where appropriate. OSM is a balance between IT  imported
data/automated edits and human ground surveys.

Regards

Brian