I suspect the fixtures & fittings will be cleared out fairly pronto,
although not the fascia signage. As the firm has been liquidated I presume
all leases on retail property are now in default, and consequently null and
void. Landlords will be anxious to get new tenants as quickly as possible,
and are likely to clear the shops for that reason. (A certain amount of
speculation on my part as I don't know what the actual legal situation with
ownership of fixtures & fittings is in these circumstances). Ether way we
can learn more by some on-the-ground surveys.

Phones 4U went into administration in September 2014, and their shops were
cleared out of fittings pretty rapidly, although they remained as visible
'ghosts'  on high streets for a long time afterwards.

A nice refinement of the shop=X => shop=vacant;disused:shop=yes would be to
only go from name=Y to old_name=Y when the signage disappears. Frederic
Rodrigo talked about pedestrian navigation by landmark at SotM, and
prominent closed shops (and also pubs) are often useful landmarks. However,
I think this is still a luxury for the average mapper trying to keep
somewhere up-to-date.

Jerry