From: Tony OSM <tonyo...@gmail.com>
Sent: 03 July 2020 15:31
To: talk-gb@openstreetmap.org <talk-gb@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [Talk-GB] UPRN & USRN Tagging

As we have access to the data and Robert Whittaker has produced a great UPRN
locations map, how are we planning to tag OSM objects?

ref:UK:uprn and ref:UK:usrn

have been suggested as tags - I think this is the way to go.

There is also Key:ref:NPLG:UPRN:1 in the wiki.

Question: Should uprn be applied to the building outline or to a node?

The OS data applies them as nodes, they are assigned by local authorities to a
location as a node.

The uprn is applied to many objects even bus shelters, and individual flats
within a block; there may be what appear to be duplicates.

I suggest that for OSM buildings or building parts which are individually
linkable to a uprn then the uprn is assigned to the building way outline;
otherwise to an OSM node if the mapper deems appropriate

Tony Shield    ---   TonyS999