Just a quick update-

I've experimented along the lines suggested below - having obtained the list of
relevant changesets - quite a long list - via OSMcha's changeset filters.   It
looks like it will all work as expected, so I'll try at the weekend.

If anyone who has been using this imagery would benefit from a step-by-step
guide, let me know.

---
https://hdyc.neis-one.org/?spiregrain
spiregrain_...@ksglp.org.uk