On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Phil! Gold <phi...@pobox.com> wrote:
> * Alex Mauer <ha...@hawkesnest.net> [2010-07-19 14:23 -0500]:
>> The wiki says[1] that refs should include US:[two-letter state
>> abbreviation].  That should make it pretty simple.
>
> The wiki says that's optional, and in my experience no one does it
> (probably because it looks horrid with the current rendering).

Yeah I haven't seen anyone in my area using US:KS in ref tags. I've
been putting it in the network tag of the route relations I've started
creating but I'm the only one working on that In Kansas right now.

> The wiki also explicitly says that you should use the two-character postal
> abbreviation for the state the road is in, but that seems to have been
> disregarded in states where a different prefix (like SR) is normally
> used.  (To be fair, there's a lot of other stuff people have done with the
> ref tags on state roads, including not having any network identifiers and
> putting the number in parentheses.)

I see at least one highway in Kansas has been tagged with "K-10" - I'm
guessing most people would consider that flat out wrong?  :)

I guess that is how people refer to it when speaking but I've been
using ref tags like "KS 10"