Looking at the data I think Mapquest is making the same mistake I made
on my map. All the ways in the area were last touched by balrog-kun
which was the automated edit to expand street name abbreviations. So
even though other people touched the ways before balrog-kun did, he is
considered the "owner" of the way and as such it is marked as not
having been edited. If I can figure out how to change my query to
avoid this problem then hopefully the MQ people can adapt it to their
TIGER edited map as well.

Toby