The reasons *not* to use the Zillow dataset are clear: nobody but zillow
can edit it, and it is based on low quality TIGER data.

The flickr dataset is similarly suspect, if this is any indication:
http://boundaries.tomtaylor.co.uk/#23512042
It shows San Francisco's "*SoMA*" (South of Market) extending north of
Market.  And Mission Bay extending past Mission Bay.
And.. and... a thousand other problems.

---------------------------------------
OSM is just not a good place for opinion: and neighborhood boundaries in
many many places are a matter of *opinion*.

I'd say think like a map user.  Clearly you want to be able to enter "*SoMA*"
into a search engine an get at least some idea where it is.
Using nodes for neighborhood names hits a large fraction of the use case,
with a small fraction of the problems of polygons.

I'd say that OSM should have neighborhood names as *nodes*. Then conflate
or link to other databases that have richer data.
The OSM node could even link to a wiki page where the neighborhood can be
described in all its richness and complexity.
*OpenNeighborhoodNotes.org?osm_id=23424234* anyone?